Southwest Airlines Name Change/Correction Policy: All you need to know
It is correct that Southwest doesn’t change names on tickets, except in the case of marriage/last name change.
FYI: If you call within 24 hours of booking a flight you can cancel that flight for a full refund, then rebook using the “correct” name. This works if you’ve just entered the name wrong, or need to change the name of the passenger flying.
As I’ve mentioned, in the case of a marriage name change, contact Customer Relations at 1-855-234-4654 or +1 833-584-0869, and they will, upon supplying proof of old name/new name (old ID, new ID, and marriage license), update your Rapid Rewards account and change the name on an existing ticket.
If you’re told otherwise, hang up and call back. And remember to contact Customer Relations at 1-855-234-4654, not the “regular” number.
Fix a Misspelled Name on the Southwest ticket
If there’s a typo or misspelling in your first or middle name on a reservation, you can easily fix it yourself on Southwest.com or in the Southwest App.
Select the FLIGHT | HOTEL | CAR | VACATIONS link from the top navigation, and choose Manage Reservations in the Flight column. Enter the required fields, and hit the search button. Passengers who are eligible to modify their name will see an “Edit name” link beside their name.
Please note that if you are already checked in for the flight, you will need to check in again. Upon successful update of the name, you will be taken back to the Manage Reservation page with a success banner.
From the hamburger icon in the top left navigation, choose Look Up Reservations. Enter your confirmation number, first and last name, and click Retrieve reservation. Passengers who are eligible to modify their name will see an edit pencil next to their name. If your name is not eligible for correction, your name will appear in a disabled state.
Upon successful update of the name, you will be taken back to the Manage Reservation page with a banner advising you to be on the lookout for an email. Please note that if you are already checked in for the flight, you will need to check in again.
Eligible reservations for self-serve name correction:
- Accompanied Minors
- Name correction after checking in
- Completely un-flown itineraries
- SWABIZ booked
- Booked by phone
- Youth Traveler
- Booking with Earlybird Check-In
- Revenue and points bookings
- Involuntary Changes
Not eligible for self-serve name correction:
- Extra Seat
- Name correction after checking bags
- Rapid Rewards number included in the booking
- Within 60 minutes of flight departure for domestic and 90 minutes for international departures
- Partially flown itineraries
- Group bookings
- Lap Child
How much does it cost to change name on Southwest ticket?
Minimum stress. Southwest understands plans change, so they don’t charge a fee to change your mind. If you’d like to change a flight itinerary, you’ll just pay for any fare difference.
More fees, more problems. Unless, of course, you travel the Transfarency® way.1 #FeesDontFly
|1st Checked Bag||2nd Checked Bag||Flight Change Fee||Feels Like|
It is Possible to Change the Name on Southwest Airlines Ticket After Booking?
If the passenger’s as you have booked your flight online by its official website, but after booked ticket, you may require some changes on the flight ticket, such as Change Name on Southwest Airlines Ticket, then how you can do it. So, for making such changes you should read the steps given below to get complete details about it.
Southwest Airlines Name Change Policy: Overview
- Southwest Airlines does not allow change name change on booked flight tickets, except in the case of legal name change such as marriage or last name change.
- You can call within 24 hours of booking the customer helpdesk to give proof of your old name and new name such as a marriage certificate. So, the representative will quickly assist to change the name on your booked ticket.
- If you have entered an incorrect name or you need to change the name of the passenger. So, for this, you have to cancel your ticket within 24 hours of booking and then get a full refund. After then again re-book your flight with the correct or changed name.
- Furthermore, you cannot change the name on the flight ticket, but, if you need to change other details of your booking such as date, time, cancellation of the flight, and many others. So, then you can go to the southwest airlines manage booking section and make the changes easily and quickly, as per your travel needs.
Easily Manage Booking of your Flight Ticket with Southwest Airlines:
For making changes to your Southwest Airlines flight tickets, you have to follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Southwest Airlines website. Then login into the account.
- Enter confirmation number, first and last name in the text field.
- Choose the “Flight” tab. Then tap on the “Manage Reservations” section.
- After then, a list of your booked reservations will show on the page.
- Here you can make any changes to your booked flight tickets, as per your travel requirements. The changes such as Cancel Flight, Date change on ticket, Edit Name, Contact Details, Add or Remove, and Add the passenger’s name
- If you want to change a flight, so then you have to tap on “Change Flight” and then tap on either the “Change reservation” or “Cancel reservation” button.
- Also, you can make other changes such as Add extra baggage allowance, Book Meals, Add Extra service, Upgrade seats to business class, or Seat change, and many more.
Simple steps to change passenger name on the Southwest airlines:
It is quite a straightforward process to modify the details on your flight booking. If you wish to change the passenger’s name on the flight booking, then you should go through the below directions in a proper manner.
- All you need to do is visit the official website of southwest airlines.
- Then, you have to select the manage booking option.
- Next, you should give your booking confirmation number and the last name of the passenger to find the required flight booking.
- After that, you are supposed to click on the retrieve booking tab.
- Now, you have to go through the on-screen prompts to change the passenger’s name on the flight ticket.
- Search for the flight booking in order to make the necessary changes. Perform the compulsory changes in the flight booking.
- After this, you have to tap the change booking button and provide the confirmation by clicking on the OK button.
- You will get the updated flight ticket on your nominated email id or phone number.
To be clear: Tickets are non-transferrable, and names cannot be changed except in the case of legal name changes, for example by marriage. In this case, the passenger will need to contact Customer Relations (not the reservation number) and provide her old and new ID. ( See the posts above for more details.)
Can someone else use my travel funds? Travel funds belong to the Passenger named on the ticket, regardless of who purchased it. At this time, travel funds can‘t be transferred to another person (sorry, Mom). But Southwest LUV Vouchers can be used by anyone.
Southwest never charges fees to change your flights because we understand plans change. … No, you can change your flight as many times as you want, but you may be asked to pay a fare difference if the flight you‘re changing to costs more than your previous itinerary.
Can I buy a Southwest ticket for someone else?
Yes, you can use your Southwest points to buy a ticket for someone else. The member who owns the account from which the points will be used will need to make the reservation for the person traveling.