Air France cancellation policy is quite simple. You can cancel your flight up to 24 hours before the departure time, without incurring any charges. However, if you cancel after this time (or fail to show up), you will be liable for any applicable fees and penalties.
In addition to Air France’s own fees, you will also be liable for any applicable penalties imposed by the airlines with whom you have booked your ticket. For example, if you have booked an award ticket through British Airways Executive Club or Flying Blue, then they will charge a fee of $200 per person if you cancel after the 24-hour period has elapsed.
Cancel Your Booking
Air France Cancellation Policy
As per Air France Cancellation Policy, If you have purchased a ticket with AirFrance and you wish to cancel it, you must contact us by telephone or email within 24 hours of making your booking.
If you cancel your flight after this deadline, a cancellation fee will apply. The refund amount will be calculated according to the following table:
- If you cancel more than 24 hours before departure (inclusive), no fee applies;
- If you cancel between 24 hours and 2 hours before departure (inclusive), no fee applies if you rebook or change your flight date within 60 days;
- Canceli between 2 hours and 30 minutes before departure (inclusive), no fee applies if you rebook or change your flight date within 60 days;
Air France will provide you with the necessary information to process your cancellation, such as your flight details. If your trip is cancelled for a valid reason, you’ll be entitled to a full refund.
You can also seek a refund if you cannot travel on the plane because of unforeseen circumstances. If you were ill or died before the flight or missed a connecting flight, you may qualify for a refund.
The amount of the refund will be based on the fare conditions of your ticket, and if your flight has been cancelled because of a weather delay, you’ll receive a partial or full refund.
NOTE: Ticket cancellation is free of charge for Air France customers up to 24 hours before the flight.
Points to Remember When Cancelling Air France Flight Ticket
Cancelling an Air France flight ticket is not as easy as you think. If you don’t want to pay a hefty fine, there are certain steps that you need to follow. Here are some points that you need to keep in mind while cancelling an Air France flight ticket:
- Check the terms and conditions of your ticket
- If the fare is non-refundable or partially refundable, then you will have to pay a cancellation fee depending on the time when you cancel the ticket
- The cancellation fee will be calculated based on the fare paid for by you for your flight ticket
- Also, note down the value of your refundable amount (if any) from your cancelled flight itinerary
- If your journey includes more than one airlines such as British Airways and Air France etc., then get in touch with each of them separately regarding their cancellation policies
How to cancel an Air France Flight
If you have purchased a ticket on Air France, you may wish to cancel your reservation online.
- To cancel your reservation, you must log in to your account with the airline.
- Then, click on the ‘Booking’ button and fill out all the necessary information.
- Next, select the reservation that you wish to cancel.
- Once you have finished filling out the necessary details,
- click the ‘Cancel’ button to cancel your booking.
- You will receive an email confirmation that your cancellation has been processed.
You can request a refund if you are eligible.
Cancel Air France Flight by Phone
You can find the phone number and contact information on the website’s “contact us” page. Calling this number will connect you to an automated voice and ask for your booking reference number.
A representative will confirm whether your booking was refundable or not and issue a refund according to its terms.
If you cancel your ticket by phone, you should be prepared to pay a cancellation fee that ranges from $100 to $500, depending on the fare class and the length of the flight
Cancel Air France Flight at Airport
If you need to cancel your Air France flight at the airport, there are a few things that you should do before contacting the airline. First, be sure that you have the proper documentation for your claim.
You should obtain your cancellation reason in writing and save your boarding pass and booking confirmation as proof that you have made a reservation.
Having a valid reservation is essential because it could mean the difference between a successful Air France compensation claim and an unsuccessful one.
Air France Cancellation Fee
Air France charges a cancellation fee of between $50 and $100, depending on the time of booking and the ticket type. The fee is charged per person, per ticket, so if you have a family of four, you’ll pay a total of $200 in fees. The amount also varies based on how long before your flight date you cancel.
- If you cancel within seven days of your departure date or within 24 hours of purchasing your ticket, the fee is $100 for economy class tickets,
- $150 for premium economy class tickets, $200 for business class tickets and $250 for first class tickets.
- If you cancel at least 14 days before departure but less than seven days before the flight departs (or if you do not show up at all),
- your fee will be $50 for economy class tickets and $100 for both premium economy class and business class tickets. If you cancel within two hours before departure time but after having already checked in online or via mobile app (and assuming there are still seats available),
- then Air France will refund any unused portion of your ticket cost minus a 50% processing fee plus any taxes that may apply based on where you purchased the ticket
Alternatively, if you book a flight two days before departure, you will be charged $45 to $125. Likewise, if you fail to show up for your flight, you will not receive a refund and forfeit the full ticket value.
Air France 24 Hours Cancellation Policy?
If you want to make a last-minute flight cancellation, the policy is great for you. You can cancel your trip up to three hours or two hours before departure and receive a full refund.
If you need to change your plans, Air France will allow you to do that, as long as you can show written documentation of your delays. Likewise, passengers who are delayed for more than three hours are entitled to a meal.
The airline will give you a full refund if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking, regardless of whether it is a domestic or international flight. You will have to pay a fee for cancellation, but the remainder will be returned to your account within seven to ten business days.
Also you can cancel your flight through the airline’s website. You must have a PNR number or Last name to receive a refund from the airline. The refund amount will be based on your eligibility, depending on the circumstances.
If your flight is more than 24 hours away, the airline may charge a cancellation fee. In such a case, you will receive a confirmation email. You should request a refund from the airline if your flight is cancelled.
Air France cancellation Policy (Domestic & International tickets)
As per Air France Cancellation Policy, you can cancel your domestic or international tickets online or by phone. Then, you’ll have to follow a few simple steps to receive a full refund. Here are some ways to cancel your Air France tickets:
Air France will offer you an alternative flight without extra cost in case of a flight cancellation. You can also cancel your ticket without paying any cancellation fee.
If you have made your reservation directly with the airline, you have 24 hours to cancel your ticket. You can only cancel your ticket within 24 hours of booking. However, if you’ve already paid for your ticket, you’ll have to pay a cancellation fee.
Air France’s cancellation policy covers the refundable portion of a ticket. If the flight is cancelled after your booking, you’ll receive a future credit voucher equal to the amount of your booking minus your cancellation fee.
The future credit voucher is valid for one year after the cancellation, and it’s good for up to a year, and you can use the voucher to purchase new flights. If you don’t use your voucher within that timeframe, you’ll have to pay the difference in fare.
Air France Rebooking Policy & Fee
Air France offers a free rebooking service for their customers. However, the airline does have a rebooking fee that is not refundable.
In order for a customer to be eligible for Air France’s free rebooking policy, they must have purchased their ticket directly from the airline and not through an online travel agency.
Air France also requires that you give them at least 24 hours notice before your flight departure time in order to be eligible for this policy. If you do not give them at least 24 hours notice, then you will be required to pay an additional fee of €50 per person.
You must rebook within 24 hours of missing your flight. In order to rebook you must contact Air France at 800-237-2747 or visit one of its customer service locations. You will need to provide your name, reservation number, and passport number in order to rebook your flight.
If you do not contact Air France within 24 hours of missing your original flight then you will be considered “No Show” and incur extra charges that include:
Fare difference: The difference between the fare paid for airline tickets (full economy class) and the fare paid for the ticket that replaced it (business class).
Taxes: Taxes are calculated based on the original ticket price and changed ticket price. This amount will be charged in addition to any fare difference incurred above.
How to Rebook Air France Cancel Flight
Rebooking an Air France flight is a simple process that can be completed online or by phone. The first step is to determine whether you need to cancel your Air France ticket and make a new one, or if the cancellation was made in error. If you need to cancel your flight, then follow the steps below.
Here are the steps:
- Log in to your Air France account.
- Click “My reservations” from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen and then click “Manage My Booking” if you are logged in on the same device that you booked your flight with.
- If you have an email confirming your booking, enter the information there or log in using your email and password to view it again; otherwise, click “Reservation” and enter your booking reference number in order to continue with rebooking options.
- Select “Edit & Rebook” at the top right corner of the page; then choose “Rebook Now” directly below that option or select another date if desired (you can also choose whether or not you would like an additional seat).
Air France Refund Policy
If you have purchased a ticket on the official website or via the airline’s phone number, you can take advantage of the Air France refund policy.
Air France has a strict refund policy that must be followed in order to receive a refund. The airline offers refunds on unused tickets up to 24 hours before departure. After this point, Air France will only issue a partial refund if you cancel your ticket or if it is canceled by the airline.
Canceling your flight within 24 hours of departure, you will receive a full refund minus any applicable change fee. If your flight is canceled by the airline, you will receive a full refund minus any applicable change fee.
If you miss your flight and don’t show up at the airport on time, there will be no refunds issued for your ticket. This includes situations where the passenger is late due to traffic or other conditions outside of their control.
Once your request is processed, you will receive your refund in the same payment method you used to purchase your ticket.
However, keep in mind that some forms of payment take up to 20 business days to reflect. For this reason, it may be worth contacting the third party if you’d like your refund in a hurry.